National Director - DAS Construction & Engineering
New York, NY
BroadStaff is thrilled to working with its client, a wireless infrastructure development firm that offers " Wireless Infrastructure-as-a-Service." They are seeking a National Director to head their DAS Construction and Engineering Infrastructure division to support their substantially increasing enterprise and venue DAS business. While the company is NE based, this individual can be located anywhere within the US and travel nationally for business meetings 50% of the time.
Why is the Job For Me?
The National Director of Construction and Engineering provides a leadership role in the development and delivery of Distributed Antenna Systems professional services within the United States of America. The candidate will be responsible for providing strategic leadership, construction and engineering direction and developing strong relationships with clients and teams, ensuring all business goals and objectives are met. On a consistent basis this individual will be managing multiple multi-million dollar projects while being responsible for the health and profitability of each.
- Oversee the engineering design, construction and deployment of DAS project in multiple venue and enterprise locations nationwide.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of DAS Engineering and construction principles; is the company subject matter expert
- Support finance metric development, project budget and reporting
- Effectively lead and provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) direction to a technically oriented Engineering teams with large volumes of projects
- Constantly seek solutions to process requirements in order to provide comprehensive direction to Construction and Engineering teams
- Foster strong customer relationships by interfacing and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Create departmental strategic plans, KPI’ s and other objectives to maximize productivity to ensure client’ s needs are met.
- Contribute SME perspective in decision-making, financial and technical review meetings.
- Prepare financial and operational reporting required for delivering financial results while addressing discrepancies from the budget and timeline to ensure project plan and goals will be back on track.
- Consistently inform internal stakeholders of significant events that affect the operational and or financial performance of the department.
- Ensure Construction and Engineering teams are fully aligned and exceeding client targets and business plans.
- Make certain the team fully supports client programs and initiatives and proactively identify opportunities for improving processes and deliverables.
- Drive improvements in service delivery procedures and processes to maintain consistency and quality.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant management experience in DAS and Telecommunications Construction
- Expert level understanding of DAS telecommunications construction, engineering and related services
- Comprehensive understanding of contract scope and requirements for pro-active reactions to projects processes
- Exceptional ability to analyze data and utilize it to make sound business decision
- Extensive problem solving skills using diplomacy, collaboration and emotional intelligence
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects that have a high degree of time sensitive scope
- Demonstrate communication skills with a high level of persuasion through effective presentations
- Proven ability to work within a dynamic team setting and provide role model leadership to workforce
- Proven success in leading high performance teams and being a strong team player