Manager of Government Affairs
BroadStaff is excited to offer this amazing opportunity on behalf of our client, a leader in the Telecommunications Industry as a neutral host DAS, Small Cell and Tower provider. They are looking for a talented and experienced Manager of Government Relations with a strong background in influencing governmental policies as it relates to telecommunications for a long term 12 month+ long term contract in Phoenix, AZ.
The Manager of Governent Affairs establishes, grows and leads local and state government relationships on behalf of all groups the client serves as point-person for both municipal officials and internal teams. Working closely with the internal public affairs managers, sales teams and local real estate and permitting teams, this person navigates opportunities and hurdles to ensure the successful, timely buildout of the client' s infrastructure communications infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have strong communication and public speaking abilities, a knack for diplomacy is challenging situations and the ability to negotiate and collaboratively debate the larger picture of Telecommuncations Infrastructure.
- Develop and execute a market-specific government relations strategy that aligns with Crown Castle’ s business goals.
- Strengthen relationships with municipalities and jurisdictions, serving as an advocate for Crown Castle and lead contact for the city’ s escalations.
- Secure highest-priority agreements and permits pertaining to the installation, operation and maintenance of Crown Castle infrastructure.
- Advise and serve as internal point of escalation for small cells, tower and fiber groups with regard to access rights, permitting, and project deployment.
- Represent Crown Castle publicly, including with media, state legislatures, and at conferences.
- Manage local lobbyists.
- Partner with legal and regulatory teams to anticipate and promote state legislation and municipal code and/or zoning ordinance changes
- Work with cross-functional project teams to ensure that financial objectives are met and internal key performance metrics are achieved.
- 8+ years governmental affairs experience (a focus of Telecommunications is a huge plus)
- Bachelors Degree required. (A degree focused on governmental issues is a huge plus)
- A strategic mindset; ability to see future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Effective at managing and solving complex and multi layered problems.
- Influential with both internal teams and external partners
- A risk taker; courageous in facing challenges.