Manager Utility Relations
BroadStaff is excited to be representing our client on this high-level Direct Hire position in the Pittsburgh area with one of the largest players in the telecom industry!
We are seeking a Utilities Manager with Small Cell experience. This candidate will be responsible for negotiations between utility companies, carriers, and major OEMs, with strong understanding of NESC, NEC, GO 95, and joint use. There will be elements of engineering/design, project management, and sales/business development in this role.
- Develop and implement the solution and pathway to 5G.
- Effectively identify methods of hanging equipment on existing utility infrastructure.
- Present solutions and ideas to carriers and utilities.
- Plan, review, and research covering pole, conduit attachments, and wireless equipment.
- Collaborate with engineers and designers on the best ways to implement new strategies, and develop code compliant construction standards.
- Maintain relationships with utilities for designated areas, (municipal, cooperative, and investor owned).
- Manage, troubleshoot, and/or assist with all aspects of acquiring approvals from utilities for installation.
- Adhere to demanding schedules and ensure timely delivery of customer order.
- Negotiate complex agreements with sensitivity to federal and state regulations.
- Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent work experience in utilities.
- Minimum of five (5) years proven experience in utilities, design, or telecom industry, or relevant military experience.
- Have propensity toward sales and be a subject matter expert on 5G solutions.
- Strong understanding of OSP Construction, Utility, and OSP standards.
- Strong Utility relationships and knowledge with experience preparing and submitting utility permit applications.
- Exemplify the critical nature of safety standards.
- Exposure to construction plans, drawings, and blueprints.
- O-Calc and/or SPIDAcalc experience preferred.
- Familiarity with and experience of the rules and policies of the FCC and state Public Utilities Commission preferred.
- Ability to travel nationally.
- Must live in Pittsburgh, or travel into market 50% of the time, or relocate.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office a MUST.