LTE Optimization Performance Engineer
Boston, MA 02110
We are seeking an LTE Optimization Engineer to work in the heart of Boston. The ideal will have 5 years experience in VoLTE and RAN design, optimization and planning for Post Launch support and technician guidance working in the offices of Sprint to support their projects. This is an office position with no travel required.
- Expertise in RF Planning & Optimization of cellular networks including Radio Network Design, Pre-Launch Optimization and Post Launch Optimization.
- Analysis of IMS/VoLTE E2E signaling
- Pre-Launch clusters LTE/VoLTE Analyzing drive test logs to clean up failures, Cluster tuning (Neighbors, parameters, etc.)
- Identifying locations for new sites or cells taking baseline, performance, capacity, coverage, business needs, and population into consideration.
- Post-launch optimization for optimal performance i.e. Accessibility, Retainability and Throughput.
- LTE/VoLTE Layer Management of Idle mode and Inter Frequency Handover parameters to balance traffic between different bands to improve overall DL Throughput per sector face.
- Perform Network Parameter / Neighbors Audit and check database consistency
- Reporting and presentation of findings and results
- Bachelor or Master’ s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or related discipline.
- At least 5 years of RAN experience with Nokia equipment.
- Excellent knowledge of VoLTE design & planning.
- Good experience in optimization of VoLTE, (e.g. parametrization & features) and related procedures such as SRVCC
- Ability to analyze E2E VoLTE signaling traces
- Experience with network protocols in multiple protocol families
- Capable of working independently, reliable, self organized and proactive
- Ability to work in team as well as strong planning, configuration and technical skills