Journeyman Generator Electrician / Salt Lake
Salt Lake City, UT
BroadStaff is excited to be working with our client, a large scale, multidisciplinary provider of installation, construction and engineering services. This is a 6 - 9 month contract with the possibility of extension or conversion. The position is based out of Salt Lake City with extensive project work in the the surroundng markets.
We are seeking a Journeyman Electriciam with preferred experience in Civil, Electrical or Telecommunications project support. This position maintains, repairs, and installs electrical systems, services, and equipment for the region. Maintain and provide for the safe condition and operation of all electrical fixtures and systems in district facilities.
- Install and repair wiring, electrical fixtures, power equipment, and components of machinery and equipment following electrical code, manuals, specifications, schematics, and blueprints.
- Install and repair control and distribution apparatus, including motors, relays, switches, thermostats, circuit-breaker panels, etc.
- Install and connect power supply wiring, cables, conduit, and electrical apparatus for machines and equipment in new and existing facilities following diagrams, schematics, or blueprints.
- Diagnose and resolve problems in electrical circuits, systems, and equipment using testing instruments and equipment.
- Test continuity of circuits to ensure compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments.
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit using rulers, measuring devices, hand tools, pipe threader, and conduit bender.
- Repair or recommend replacement of electrical appliances, including industrial sized generators
- Receive and complete work orders.
- Maintain accurate records on material and labor used.
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- 2-5 years’ experience in electrical field preferred
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring and operating principles of generators
- Knowledge of local electrical codes
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Valid Journey Electricians License
- Valid driver’ s license
- Travel up to 100%, able to lift 50lbs and work in any weather conditions.
- Willing to work occasional weekends and overtime.