Government Relations Manager
BroadStaff is excited to offer this amazing opportunity on behalf of our client, a leader in the Telecommunications Industry as a neutral host DAS, Small Cell and Tower provider. They are looking for a talented and experienced Government Relations Manager for a direct hire opportunity based out Atlanta, GA.
The position of Government Relations Manager works diligently to build relationships and enhance interaction with local jurisdictions and municipalities to support the installation of fiber and small cells. The candidate will Manage a team which includes leadership and coaching in researching public right of way, jurisdictional coding, project tracking and completing permit packaging.
- Overseeing the creation and submissions of permit and entitlement application requirements for local jurisdictions and municipalities with regard to public right of way and utility easements for wireless infrastructure.
- Negotiate right-of-way use agreements as needed in accordance with standards and policy.
- Present and speak to the public and governmental entities; attend, present, and serve as point of contact at/with zoning hearings, board of appeals, and zoning commissions.
- Maintain and cultivate existing and new relationships with municipalities and jurisdictions and manage all aspects of regulatory and compliance for approvals pertaining to installation, operation and maintenance of cell sites. Will be called upon to interface with the City Attorney’ s office and staff on matters related to municipal codes and amendments.
- Support the Network Real Estate team on review of agreements and review of municipal code and/or zoning ordinance changes.
- Provide research and advice to internal clients regarding access rights, permitting, and project deployment and deadlines.
- Manage to internal teams success and KPI’ s; ensure Government Relations Specials and Project Managers are on target.
- Jurisdictional coding and construction drawing research and analysis.
- 5 years proven experience working in a utility, wireless industry, municipality, or Planning, Zoning, and Land Use capacity required or equivalent in a comparable industry or relevant military experience.
- Experience working with design teams, preparation of permits applications and construction documents, and network construction required.
- Demonstrated responsibility for administering a group or program budget required.
- Experience working on goal-driven, cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with and experience of the rules and policies of the Public Utilities Commission desirable.
- Experience in constructing and administering community outreach programs desirable.