Field Operations Manager / Geneva IL
BroadStaff is happy to be working with our client, a leading provider of 100% fiber optic internet, television, and telephone services on their full time Field Manager position in the Geneva, IL area.
Whats In It For Me?
- Competitive total compensation package
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by company
- Dental and Vision Plans
- 2 Week first year Accrued PTO program from Day 1
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) company match and 100% vested on Day 1
- Locally owned, friendly, fun atmosphere
Why Is This Job For Me?
A Field Operations Manager’ s responsibilities include training, performance metrics monitoring, planning, analyzing, and general administrative duties to ensure that our Associates are working effectively and efficiently. Leadership ability, analytical aptitude, communication skills, planning/organizational capabilities, and team-building talent are all critical keys to success.
- Report to the Director of Field Operations and assume daily responsibility for all aspects of Field Operations within a defined geographical/market area
- Lead, train, and develop all Supervisors, Technicians and other Associates in a manner that ensures optimum performance and an unexcelled Customer Experience
- Through your Supervisor(s), establish and maintain an efficient daily Technician workload within all time frame requirements and installation/repair specifications
- Facilitate the process for screening, interviewing, hiring, retaining, training, supervising, disciplining, and evaluating Supervisors, Field Technicians, and other applicable Associates
- Ensure and maintain all Customer and Company quality control and safety requirements
- Maintain and control all company assets and customer inventory
- Analyze operations, identify performance issues, and recommend and implement corrective action
- Hold regular staff meetings for timely communications of Customer and corporate directives and or changes
- Complete reports that summarize all operational concerns (i.e. quality control, work load, system and personnel needs)
- Perform other duties as assigned in accord with Company needs
- Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Must have 3 years management/supervisor experience in cable television or telecommunications
- Advanced knowledge of voice processing and local area network systems