Field Construction Inspector
Sunrise, FL 33313
Broadstaff is thrilled to be representing our client, a leader in the Tower Industry of Telecom who owns, operates and builds telecom infrastructure. The company’ s connections are made possible by a unique network of communications infrastructure— towers, small cells, and fiber working together to set the stage for new innovation. To bring the world' s biggest ideas and possibilities to people and businesses who need them. This is a 6-12 month ++ Contract to Hire Opportunity in Boston, MA.
The Field Construction Inspector position monitors the work of contractors to ensure quality control and contract compliance for projects of routine to moderate complexity.
At least 2-4 years of Outside Plant (OSP) civil experience and OSP fiber construction experience would be a plus. Able to read and understand construction plans, knows and understands construction processes. Able to take measurements and compile as-built information.
$$Occasional weekend work will be required on an as-needed basis.
• Oversees, inspects, and monitors contractual field work which includes excavations, boring, placement on hand hole, aerial strand and fiber cable installation, and restoration of work areas
• Schedules work and inspection phases with contractors superintendent and agency personnel.
• Advises contractors of violations and recommends adjustments to operations
• Takes field measurements of to verify contractor billing; checks placement of and performs quality reviews of construction.
• Recommends changes to construction plans to meet field conditions or provide project cost savings.
• Maintains project records which include daily diaries, materials notebooks, as-built plans, and pay quantity records
• Evaluates and monitors progress schedules, prepares work orders, and monthly estimates
• High School Degree or equivalent required
• Two (2) year technical degree preferred
• A valid driver’ s license required
• Two (2) years of related experience
• Knowledge of budget development and execution
• Knowledge of construction management process
• Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
• Ability to read and understand blueprints
• Ability to direct and diagnose work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
• Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach - strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Time management skills
• Knowledge of wireless/telecommunications technologies and platforms
• Computer support and power experience and troubleshooting
• Attention to detail