3605 NW 82nd Ave Doral, Florida 33166
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our client who is a leading neutral host and fiber vendor who is seeking a contract to hire Network Analyst in the Miami FL market.
We are seeking a Network Analyst focused on Fiber responsible for collecting, organizing and analyzing OTDR and Power Meter readings. This position will analyze OTDR traces and working cross functionally with Network Fiber Splicing Specialists and field splicers. The Analyst is expected to map out of spec instances to a location in the GIS database and maintain metrics summarizing the pass/fail testing.
- Develop, read and manage fiber splice documents; including fiber diagrams, .kmz maps, OTDR and Power Meter readings.
- Maintain OTDR and Power Meter documents in an organized file structure.
- Verify proper # files and wavelengths for each route/node/cluster/project.
- Analyze OTDR traces for event loss and bi-directional averages.
- Correlate a fiber route to locations in a GIS database.
- Create metrics to present pass/fail rates across a variety of factors.
- Coordinate with multiple internal customers, including project managers, in support of bringing each project to completion on schedule.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One (1) to Three (3) years of fiber splicing or OTDR testing
- OTDR Certification preferred
- GIS or ESRI certifications preferred
- Knowledge of the telecommunications/wireless industry
- Knowledge of GIS tools such as ESRI, Google Earth Pro, and Street Atlas
- MicroSoft Excel – data analysis, formulas, charts
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach