BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our client, a Telecommunications provider experiences in outside plant construction, as well as complete engineering for permitting and make ready applications, on their direct hire, full time OSP Fiber Technician/Lineman position in Orlando, FL working project throughout the 1-4 cooridor between Tampa and Orlando.
The OSP Technician/Lineman will be responsible for hands on field builds of fiber on both aerial(80%)/underground(20%) lines with some swap out of eqiupment along for with fiber lashing work. The project work is supporting the Verizon 1 program.
- Construct new wireless facilities within right of way including antenna installations, radio’ s and cabinets/shrouds, electrical systems, grounding, coax cables and fiber
- Repairs and maintains major cable system and structures such as broken lashing, replacing or re-sagging aerial strand, pole transfers, down-guys, aerial to underground conversion, substructure repairs and cable replacements related to system outages, maintenance, rebuilds and emergencies or hazard
- Reads and interprets work orders, specifications, engineering drawings and/or cut sheets to determine work to be done in sequence of tasks.
- Performs construction work such as digging holes, climbing telephone poles, placing and removing poles and anchors, pulling and stringing wire/cable from pole to pole, laying cable and conduit in the ground.
- Operates power equipment such as compressors, pumps, blowers, hydraulic diggers, and hydraulic aerial lifts mounted on trucks.
- Uses test equipment to check for gas in manholes; may be required to empty water and other debris from manholes
- Dismantles, moves, and removes aerial, underground or building wire, cable associated equipment and hardware.
- Connects wires and cables to terminals and attaches/detaches various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings, or poles.
- Responds to and participates in emergency and outage situations that require heavy construction capabilities.
- Ensures that all work considers the safety of the customer and general public
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of recent fiber lineman/technician experience.
- Extensive knowledge of approved practices, procedures, tools, and materials used in wireless & telecom construction work.
- Identify differences in wire and cable colors.
- Required to lift moderately heavy equipment, such as radios and shrouds; climb structures; and stand for long periods of time.
- Class A CDL required
- Overtime will be required at times. In addition, hourly schedules will vary day-to-day and there can be extensive travel.
- Ability to properly lift up to 75 pounds
- Able and willing to work outdoors and in inclement weather