Butler, PA Butler, PA 43062
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our client, a Telecommunications provider experiences in outside plant construction, as well as complete engineering for permitting and make ready applications, on their direct hire, full time OSP Fiber Foreman position in Butler PA working projects throughout the area.
The OSP Technician/Lineman will be responsible for hands on field builds of fiber on both aerial(80%)/underground(20%) lines with some swap out of eqiupment along for with fiber lashing work. The project work is supporting the Verizon 1 program.
- Construct new wireless facilities within right of way including antenna installations, radio’ s and cabinets/shrouds, electrical systems, grounding, coax cables and fiber
- Repairs and maintains major cable system and structures such as broken lashing, replacing or re-sagging aerial strand, pole transfers, down-guys, aerial to underground conversion, substructure repairs and cable replacements related to system outages, maintenance, rebuilds and emergencies or hazard
- Reads and interprets work orders, specifications, engineering drawings and/or cut sheets to determine work to be done in sequence of tasks.
- Performs construction work such as digging holes, climbing telephone poles, placing and removing poles and anchors, pulling and stringing wire/cable from pole to pole, laying cable and conduit in the ground.
- Operates power equipment such as compressors, pumps, blowers, hydraulic diggers, and hydraulic aerial lifts mounted on trucks.
- Uses test equipment to check for gas in manholes; may be required to empty water and other debris from manholes
- Dismantles, moves, and removes aerial, underground or building wire, cable associated equipment and hardware.
- Connects wires and cables to terminals and attaches/detaches various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings, or poles.
- Responds to and participates in emergency and outage situations that require heavy construction capabilities.
- Ensures that all work considers the safety of the customer and general public
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of recent fiber lineman/technician experience.
- Extensive knowledge of approved practices, procedures, tools, and materials used in wireless & telecom construction work.
- Identify differences in wire and cable colors.
- Required to lift moderately heavy equipment, such as radios and shrouds; climb structures; and stand for long periods of time.
- Class A CDL required
- Overtime will be required at times. In addition, hourly schedules will vary day-to-day and there can be extensive travel.
- Ability to properly lift up to 75 pounds
- Able and willing to work outdoors and in inclement weathe conditions