New York, NY
BroadStaff is excited to be working with our client, a telecom construction company handling Tower, Civil, Electrical, DAS and Small Cell Projects throughout the East coast. This is a 6month contract to hire position. The position is 100% travel to locations where the work is needed primarily in the NY, NJ, PA and OH but will have occassional plane travel to outlying states. The preferred location for the position is in the NE.
BroadStaff is seeking a talented Level 2 or 3 Fiber Splicing Technician to terminate, cure, polish, or tested single and multimode fiber connections for InBuilding DAS Projects.
- Splice fibers using fusion splicing or other techniques.
- Use Optical Time- Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) to locate faults and measures distances of cables.
- Record and analyze test results for daily work reports.
- Ability to splice for all connector types
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- 1- 3 or more years’ experience in Fiber Optic Fusion Splicing and Testing.
- Experience with various cable types and enclosures a must.
- Extremely proficient with the use of an OTDR to test and troubleshoot telecom network infrastructure
- Valid Driver’ s License
- Travel is required 100% with perdiem and mileage reimbuirsement.