Fiber Splicer (Field)
Los Angeles, CA
BroadStaff is excited to be working with our client, a Telecom System Integrator, who is seeking a Fiber Splicer to work throughout Southern California with the position based n Corona, CA. This is an immediate hire Direct placed position. The client is open to candidate willing to relocated but will need to so so on their own.
The ideal candidate will have experience in ribbon fiber splicing and be responsible to install, troubleshoot, and repair fiber cable systems. In addition, the candidate will have demonstrable experience regarding Fiber Cabling Standards, cable pathway construction, network infrastructure, reading and comprehending design, cable terminations, FPP installations, and testing. The position requires the ability to work days/nights/weekends depending on project demands. Short term travel within the state will occasionally be required.
- Prep and fusion splice various types and sizes of fiber optic cables including 576ct ribbon cable and composite loose tube cable.
- Prep and install both aerial and underground splice enclosures along with a variety of other closures common to the splicing and termination of fiber optic cables.
- Perform bi-directional OTDR testing, along with power meter testing.
- Install, terminate and test low voltage cables & fiber optic cables to include twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, standard & amp; solid conductor low voltage cable, single mode & multi-mode fiber optic cables).
- Assemble and document itemized BOM other work areas.
- Dress and route cable into telecommunications closets, modular furniture and other areas
- Have 4 years’ experience with Fiber Optic Installation, Terminating, and Fusion Splicing
data applications a plus
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends as required
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Capable of lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Basic computer skills with ability to check e-mails using Outlook and send in time reports using Microsoft Excel
- Understanding and knowledge of telecommunications infrastructure