Fiber Permit Coordinator 0831
260 Franklin Street, Suite 360 Boston, MA 02110
Broadstaff is thrilled to be representing our client, a leader in the Tower Industry of Telecom who owns, operates and builds telecom infrastructure. The company’ s connections are made possible by a unique network of communications infrastructure— towers, small cells, and fiber working together to set the stage for new innovation. To bring the world' s biggest ideas and possibilities to people and businesses who need them. This is a 12-month Contract to Hire Opportunity in Westborough, Mass.
We are seeking a talented Project Coordinator with a background in permitting, and project tracking. The ideal candidate will have strong data entry, Excel, and eagerness to learn. The job does not require Telecom experience but is preferred.
- Review strand maps, pole survey sheets and prints submitted by Fiber Construction Engineers, Operations Assistants and/or contractors. Organize and prioritize information given
- Complete pole/conduit application forms to submit to various utilities (Telephone, Electric, Cable) and Cell Tower owners.
- Review underground routes and the necessity of manhole breakouts and submit appropriate forms to various utility companies.
- Review continuity from previous licensing and/or other jobs to termination, ensuring nothing has been overlooked prior to submittal.
- Extensive use of various software, internet research for applying to utilities, co-opps, etc.
- Complete NODE Applications for power and equipment.
- Follow up with all municipal & utility offices on status of applications
- Receive, verify and pay field survey and approved make-ready bills associated with conduit/pole applications.
- Follow-up after cable placement by submitting job completion forms to utilities.
- Keep accurate up-to-date records, files and contact lists to make all status information available.
- Complete special projects as assigned
- General office duties (filing, scanning, copying, other duties as assigned)
- Contribute to overall team effort and assist other direct reports of the Manager with the department
- 1-3 years’ experience in an office setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Work independently and within a team environment
- Good judgment, concentration, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated, organized and flexible
- Strong desire to show initiative
- Analytical ability in order to read maps
- Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines and projects
- Proficient in typing skills; free of typographical, grammatical and spelling errors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel
- PDF Software (Adobe/Foxit)
- Mapping Software (QGIS)
- Purchasing Software (Oracle)