Fiber Permit Coordinator 0830
7220 N. Sam Houston Pkwy W. Houston, TX 77064
Broadstaff is thrilled to be representing our client, a leader in the Tower Industry of Telecom who owns, operates and builds telecom infrastructure. The company’ s connections are made possible by a unique network of communications infrastructure— towers, small cells, and fiber working together to set the stage for new innovation. To bring the world' s biggest ideas and possibilities to people and businesses who need them. This is a 12-month Contract to Hire Opportunity in Houston, Texas.
The Fiber Permit Coordinator will have working experience within the City of Houston, Texas Department of Transportation and Harris County.
• Review strand maps, pole survey sheets and prints submitted by Fiber Construction Engineers, Operations Assistants and/or contractors. Organize and prioritize information given
• Complete pole/conduit application forms to submit to various utilities (Telephone, Electric, Cable) and Cell Tower owners.
• Review underground routes and the necessity of manhole breakouts and submit appropriate forms to various utility companies.
• Review continuity from previous licensing and/or other jobs to termination, ensuring nothing has been overlooked prior to submittal.
• Extensive use of various software, internet research for applying to utilities, co-opps, etc.
• Follow up with all municipal & utility offices on status of applications
• Receive, verify and pay field survey and approved make-ready bills associated with conduit/pole applications.
• Follow-up after cable placement by submitting job completion forms to utilities.
• Keep accurate up-to-date records, files and contact lists to make all status information available.
• Complete special projects as assigned
• General office duties (filing, scanning, copying, other duties as assigned)
• Contribute to overall team effort and assist other directives of the Manager with the department
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
• Work independently and within a team environment
• Good judgment, concentration, decision making, and problem-solving skills
• Highly motivated, organized and flexible
• Strong desire to show initiative
• Analytical ability in order to read maps
• Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
• Ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines and projects
• Proficient in typing skills; free of typographical, grammatical and spelling errors
• 1-3 years’ experience in an office setting
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel
• PDF Software (Adobe/Foxit)
• Mapping Software (QGIS)
• Purchasing Software (Oracle)
• Database Software (CRM)
• Utility software submission systems (SPANS, NJUNS, Notify, Portal Systems)
• Copiers, printers, scanners, fax machines