Fiber Engineering Manager
300 Crown Oak Centre Drive Orlando, FL
We are seeking an experienced Fiber Engineering Manager with an extensive OSP and leadership background that will be responsible for managing implementation of large scale OSP project.
- Serve as subject matter expert in fiber optic design, testing, and maintenance.
- Lead a team of engineers to meet customer timelines for network expansions and deliverables.
- Manage the development and planning of outside and inside plant infrastructure.
- Coordinate and prepare and approve budgets, project timelines, engineering releases, contractor invoices, etc.
- Conduct field verifications and inspections.
- Monitor the production of personnel in a fast paced environment where there are mandated deadlines to be met.
- Provide inputs to annual capital and operating budgets for areas relating to outside plant.
- Monitor the progress of permits and access rights to get projects launched.
- Create and implement project management practices in order to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Maintain awareness of industry issues, best practices, and innovations within outside plant disciplines.
- Communicate project information in regards to the schedule, risks, and expenses to management, team members, and customers.
- Prepare a plan for unforeseen factors and implement when necessary
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the fiber-optic/planning and design/implementation in the telecom industry.
- A minimum of three years managing a group of engineering personnel who are responsible for their own project deliverables.
- Demonstrable knowledge of outside plant principles, including knowledge of aerial and underground cable construction, cable and duct types, and splicing and maintenance principles.
- Experience with budget and timeline creation.
- Familiar with GIS (Geographic Information Systems), ESRI and shapefile functionality.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.