Fiber Construction Project Manager
Lehigh Valley, PA Lehigh Valley, PA 18951
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our client, a provider of engineering, installation, servicing and maintenance of wireless and fiber optic infrastructure on their Full Time, Direct Hire Construction Project Manager position in Leigh Valley, PA
What' s In It For Me?
- Market Valued Compensation
- Benefits* including:
- Health, Dental and Vision (Employee pays 30% of premium, 50% of dependent premium)
- Life Insurance
- 401K with matching
- Paid vacation, holiday and personal days*
- Excellent work-life balance with numerous special employee activities.
- Collaborative, teamwork and family culture.
- Results driven and commitment to helping employees succees
*Benefits begin 1st of month following 60 days of employment
What Will I Do?
BroadStaff is seeking a talented Project Manager primarily responsible for providing end-to-end customer support, solutions, planning and implementing fiber connectivity solutions, managing customer orders, handling customer service requests, coordinating installations, executing and serving as single point of contact for customers, post-sale, providing direction and project ownership by leading the implementation, execution and communication of projects / orders for customers. The Project Manager manages all tasks and assignment to the goal/deliverable, schedule, and budget.
- Single point of contact for managing applications and relationships
- Managing relationship to jurisdictions and ROW contacts.
- Working in close relationship with underlying rights group to identify and prepare encroachment permitting, franchise agreements.
- Oversees timely permitting submittal and on time performance of engineering and construction vendors.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of fiber connectivity solutions programs and projects that adhere to approved plans, budgets and schedules.
- Provides specialized telecommunications technical expertise.
- Coordinates and facilitates with internal and external resources to affect the timely completion of projects.
- Oversees, product and/or service of the unit(s) managed may involve highly technical activities or programs; or policies, procedures, controls and services required to support the sound financial, operational and competitive position of the company.
- Designs and Implements commercial and carrier fiber networks, infrastructure, backbone and lateral builds.
- Works within software system implementing customer-installation projects and services.
- Creates and tracks project budgets
- Perform on-site surveys and attend field meetings required to ensure projects meet the delivery/ commitment dates identified.
- Meet with various municipalities and vendors to review project scope and to ensure positive communication is maintained.
- Bachelor’ s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years in the telecommunications industry with outside plant, fiber optics, telecommunication architectures, optical transport equipment, and project management experience. .
- Must have 4 years’ familiarity with all types of outside plant construction and experience managing large capital projects.
- Must be able to manage multiple aggressive RFP and design construction schedules and responses.
- Must be able to understand and read construction documents.
- Familiar with all facets of OSP management, including quoting, construction and delivery.
- Must possess a valid driver’ s license and is expected to drive as required to his/her assigned projects in order to ensure on time and on budget delivery.