Fiber Asset Specialist 0496
700 W Metro Park Rochester, NY
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our client, the preeminent provider of Tower, Small and Fiber throughout the US, on their 12 month Contract Fiber Asset position ensuring the compliance, integrity and ‘ readiness’ of fiber assets are properly implemented and followed according to the fiber management policies, standards and procedures of the client.
Why Is This Job For Me?
This is a great opportunity for an individual who loves to work in an office environment, researching and analyzing regulatory compliance, reviewing fiber construction drawing and manipulating the GIS applications modeling Telecom OSP fiber systems as needed. You will work closely with engineering, construction, operations personnel, 811 Services team, sales, and product development to ensure database accuracy, maintain data quality, register conduit and support other departments to meet company objectives.
- Review fiber construction engineering drawings and maintenance/inspection data to identify changes to database models and maps.
- Enter and manipulate data in Geographic Information System (GIS) applications which model telecommunications outside plant fiber optic systems as needed.
- Work closely with fiber engineers, field operations personnel and others to QC fiber data
- Coordinate solutions in accordance with 811, fiber & utility policies, standards and procedures to maintain compliance and maximize asset yield.
- Research, analyze and respond to regulatory compliance, and audits with a high degree of customer service and integrity when dealing with utilities, external and internal customers.
- Provide guidance and training for business partners on effective and efficient use the Fiber Management Tool.
- Develop reporting requirements and create reports of Fiber data for various departments monthly/quarterly/annual needs and provide ad hoc reports as requested.
- Work with the Fiber Asset Manager to implement and enforce asset management policies, standards and procedures.
- Promptly respond to assigned tickets and work orders to ensure accurate data in the systems and provide maps and information as needed
- High Diploma required Bachelors Degree or certification in GIS preferred
- 1-3 years professional level experience editing, updating GIS data from engineering designs, CAD files, redlines, mark ups and experience reading engineering, design, as-built, and redline drawings.
- Understanding of GIS data principles, data management and editing
- Experience with GIS applications including, but are not limited: to MapInfo, ESRI suite, Coordinate Geometry (COGO) and Auto CAD.
- Experience and/or knowledge of Outside Plant (Fiber locating, OTDR, Fusion Splicing, etc.) and Ethernet (routers/higher-layer protocols).
- Ability to comprehend contracts, agreements, title documentation, zoning ordinances, municipal processes, regulatory requirements, Right-of-Way and Utility Attachment Agreements
- Customer service orientation and strong interpersonal skills