BroadStaff is excited to present a great opportunity on behalf of our client, a tower and fiber integrator and engineering firm, on their full time, direct position based in Mobile, AL. We are seeking a talented Ethernet Engineer with 3+ years experience to work Layer 2 Network Designs for the telecommunications industry. There is relocation assistance available.
The position will be responsible for facilitating the physical and logical network design, maintenance, configuration, testing and implementation of assigned projects. In addition, daily monitoring of the network, focusing on reliability, capacity, and technical issue resolution will be required.
- Maintenance and Implementation of Layer 2 network monitoring, growth augmentation and configuration backups.
- Facilitate and monitor network redundancy.
- Own, manage, and evaluate L2 test plans, tunneling, QOS and acceptance criteria for all network designs.
- Perform proof of concept testing and validation of the network design in the lab/field as needed.
- Technical analysis and implementation of new platforms, software and hardware upgrades.
- Drive the design of efficient and cost-effective transport network involving L2 switching, automatic failover, and traffic prioritization.
- Complete network documentation, procedures, and plans for regular maintenance of equipment and logging of all maintenance events by network and equipment.
- Maintain a highly available and reliable network by monitoring the network performance, availability and utilization.
- 3+ years of experience with Ciena, Juniper and Cisco Equipment.
- Strong background in the Telecommunications industry.
- Strong service provider IP engineering is critical with deep knowledge of routing and switching.
- Thoroughly analyze product and technology strategies combined with the creativity to identify technology opportunities, solve problems, and conceptualize practical solutions.
- High level understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, VPN’ s and firewalls.
- Proficient in troubleshooting tools in network management tools (i.e. Solar Winds, Cacti) preferred.