Electrical Engineer PE
6801 Portwest Dr Houston, TX 77024
Broadstaff is thrilled to be working with our client, a national site acquisition, engineering, construction management firm offering turn-key consulting and construction management services to our clients in the communications sector on thier Eletrcical Engineer postion based in Houston, TX.
What’ s In It For Me?
- Market Valued Compensation
- Benefits* including:
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401K with matching programs
- Discretionary Time Off (Unlimited PTO) with supervisor partnership.
- In Office Catered Lunch Daily
- Excellent work-life balance with numerous special employee activities.
Why Is This Job For Me?
The ideal candidate for the electrical engineer position will possess the technical capabilities necessary to design electrical systems for
telecommunications facilities consisting of both AC and DC systems. The candidate will be responsible for everyday project
activities, quality control and project delivery including construction document production. The candidate will assist senior
engineering staff in meeting marketing goals, revenue projections and overall client expectations. The candidate will also serve as
project engineer when dictated by project size, complexity or client request.
- Perform electrical load calculations
- Design of feeder and branch circuits
- Perform Voltage Drop and Arc Fault calculations
- Assist project managers across all PM& A offices with any electrical engineering needs
- Visit job sites and attend client meetings where electrical expertise is anticipated
- Develop construction drawings using AutoCAD for telecommunications projects
- Maintain and build client relations
- Assist senior leaders & project managers with pricing for electrical scope of work
- Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering is required
- PE Certification is required
- Extensive proficiency using AutoCAD
- Proficiency using MS Word & MS Excel
- Proven demonstration of task ownership and the ability to meet technical requirements and work schedule
- Knowledge and general understanding of the National Electrical Code and building codes related to engineering design
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral