Electrical Engineer, P.E.
Broadstaff is thrilled to working with our client, an employee-owned engineering firm that provides civil, geotechnical, environmental, planning, landscape architecture, survey and construction services on their full-time, Electrical Engineer based in Charlotte, North Carolina, Greenville, South Carolina or Orlando, Florida. The Electrical Engineer must have a Professional Engineering license in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Florida or the ability to obtain registration within 60 days.
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for coordination, management, and design of electrical aspects for telecommunications A/E design projects including in-building design, new-build tower sites, co-location sites, and small cell sites. In additiona, client development in the
telecommunications industry, coordination and completion of proposals,
design documents and managing project budgets. You will work
closely with other members of S&ME' s telecommunications team in
developing and completing A/E design projects and growing the
- Electrical designs for tower, rooftop, and monopole structures as well as in-building systems
- Read and analyzes existing electrical systems and proposed loadings using hand-calculations, or software
- Performs site visits as needed to document field conditions for new sites
- and site modification projects
- Perform required electrical design calculations to conform to local
- jurisdictional requirements for land use, permitting and required local building codes
- Assist in developing project electrical specifications and construction documents
- Collaboration with CAD Design team members in preparation of equipment and electrical layout drawings for lease exhibits, and construction drawings
- Coordinates with other engineers/designers, drafters, site acquisition and construction personnel in a team environment
- Modify and/or refine details during project to improve design
- Ensures accurate project status reporting including project planning and some client contact
- Serve as design professional of record for construction drawings for permitting purposes.
- Bachelor' s degree in Engineering or closely related field
- A minimum of 8 years of experience with a minimum of 2 years of
- electrical engineering experience related to the telecommunications
- Experience with process implementation and training and building
- cohesive teams
- Thorough knowledge of the telecommunications industry specifically
- related to A/E Design.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, a strong work ethic, and possess the ability to work as a team player.
- Self-motivated and dynamic team players.