Director of Business Development / Wireless Services
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our client, a network deployment and professional services engineering telecom company on their full time, direct hire position Director of Business Development. There is flexibility with office location: Hartford, CT, Portland, ME; Atlanta, GA; Denver, CO or Salt Lake City, UT.
What’ s In It For Me?
- Market Valued Compensation with Commission and/or Bonus Eligibility
- Benefits eligibility the first month following the date of hire including:
- Health, Dental and Vision
- HSA and FSA Account eligibility
- Life Insurance
- 3 Weeks paid vacation
- 401K with Employer Contribution
- Collaborative, teamwork and family culture.
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
- Well defined career development program
Why Is This Job For Me?
Are you a motivated, self-directed Business Development Director who is an telecom industry professional ready and able to contribute to the business development efforts for the client' s Telecom Division. Are you the ideal candidate? if so, we are looking for somone well connected and respected in the telecommunications industry as a thought leader and problem solver for clients and business partners. The Director, Business Development will value long term partnerships and have strong operational sensibilities. This person is a hunter and has depth in experience selling services. This position reports to the EVP of Telecom and works closely with other business line directors.
- Develop the business development strategy including yearly and quarterly sales targets.
- Strategically generate leads, identify, qualify and secure large sales opportunities.
- Work with the clients lines of businesses to develop multi-line of business value proposition
- Understand technical aspects of the client' s core services and engage customers in a consultative approach by having a deep understanding of the work, our processes, and industry trends.
- Work collaboratively with leadership, product management, engineering, bid management, finance and operations to source and structure deals that deliver value to our customers;
- Work with the Sales Support Team to lead the effort in responding to RFPs.
- Present large opportunities requiring investment to the leadership committee; conduct associated financial modeling and assessment of growth opportunities, risks and operational requirements.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business, Engineering or related degree
- 10+ years of experience in a business development or related role within telecommunications industry
- Demonstrated carrier relationships at the highest levels and key decision makers (AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, Other)
- Ability to use Salesforce platform to track and report opportunities and key metrics
- Ability to think strategically while also operating tactically.
- Proven ability to drive sales process to a close; must be motivated by closing deals.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization;
- Ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services;
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in telecommunications sales, product management or project management;
- Passionate about advancing America’ s information infrastructure by leveraging current knowledge in wireless and wireline communications
- Willingness to work extended hours as needed, with ~50% travel within the US;