Director OSP Construction / Engineering
Denver, CO 80011
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our client, a network deployment and professional services engineering telecom company on their Director role overseeing their Outside Plant Division position based in Portland, ME. There is flexibility for this role to reside in Salt Lake City, Denver or Altanta.
What’ s In It For Me?
- Market Valued Compensation
- Annual Discretionary Bonus Eligibility (10%-15% of Base Salary)
- Benefits eligibility the first month following the date of hire including:
- Health, Dental and Vision
- HSA and FSA Account eligibility
- Life Insurance
- 3 Weeks paid vacation
- 401K with Employer Contribution
- Collaborative, teamwork and family culture.
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
- Well defined career development program
Why Is This Job For Me?
The Director position is a highly visible role reporting directly to the Vice President of Telecommunications within the organization and will have balanced responsibility for both Engineering and Construction of Outside Plant builds inclusive of Tower, Small Cell Monopole and Rooftop Cellular installations. The ideal candidate will have over 10 years’ experience having “ grown up” in the Telecom OSP world. They will have experience in self-performing construction with a solid knowledge of the engineering aspects of telecom. They will be responsible for the total oversight of the division, be capable of hands-on, strategic leadership of large-scale upgrades and new builds and develop strong relationships with clients and teams, ensuring all business goals and objectives are met.
- Oversee the design and the construction of the outside plant fiber network, in both power utility and telecom infrastructure scenarios
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of OSP Engineering design and construction principles within both power utility and telecom space
- Support finance metric development, reporting and dashboard reporting.
- Effectively lead and provide managerial insight and direction to a technically oriented workforce dealing with large volumes of projects driven by dynamic customer needs.
- Foster strong customer relationships and good governance by interfacing and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Develop, drive and track departmental strategic plans, key performance indicators and departmental objectives to maximize productivity to ensure customer obligations are fulfilled.
- Partake in project problem analysis, decision-making, financial review meetings and technical review meetings.
- Prepare financial and operational reporting required for delivering and analyzing the financial results of the department(s) on a regular basis.
- Review any significant variances from the budgeted figures and ensure practices and yearly financial targets are met.
- Responsible for end-to-end employee management including; hiring, on boarding, training, leading, developing, and mentoring team members.
- Develop annual performance objectives, motivate staff toward attainment of those objectives and conduct periodic performance appraisals.
- Ensure the team is fully aligned and exceeding client targets and business plans.
- Make certain the team fully supports client programs and initiatives and proactively identify opportunities for improving processes and deliverables.
- Drive improvements in service delivery procedures and processes to maintain consistency and quality.
- Ensure all internal parties are informed and aware of significant events that affect the operational and or financial performance of the department.
- Bachelor’ s Degree required
- Minimum of 10 years relevant management experience in Telecommunications OSP Construction and Engineering
- Strong understanding of fiber optic telecommunications infrastructure and related services
- Leadership experience with a sizeable multidisciplinary team
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel, Word, Visio, and Power Point
- Comprehensive understanding of contract scope and requirements for pro-active management of projects and integration into processes