Director, Telecom Engineering
1 Westinghouse Plaza Ste D6 Boston, MA 02136
Broadstaff is happy to be working with our client, a full-service Engineering and Construction firm working in the telecommunications and electrical power sectors on their Direct Hire, Full Time Director of Telecom Engineering position based in Boston, MA.
Why is this Job For Me?
Are you interested in working for a growing company? Are you looking to be the leader of an engineering and construction team in Boston, MA? Then this Telecom Executive position is for you! You will be leading a divisional company, with responsibility for success and growth financially. The ideal candidate has experience leading large teams in engineering and construction, sales experience setting an agenda to grow and sustain teams, Profit and Loss comprehension, strong contractual and negotiation skills for new and existing client management. This leadership role will be responsible to organize a team, communicate with clients and manage to a schedule and design budget.
- Daily interactions with the engineering staff in matters relating to design engineering, and communication with clients and the project manager about design services and production.
- Supporting Engineering teams for final decision point; mitigating and critically solving deliverable challenges
- Scheduling and organizing the design team’ s associated deliverables
- Sales strategy and execution for overall Telecom Services Division
- Client management execution plan with construction and engineering teams
- Accounts Receivable collections with clients
- Escalation point for problem solving and internal managerial needs
- Crisis management with clients and programs
- Analyzing budgets, jobs and monthly tracking for profitability
- Final sign off for change orders and job openings
- Annual strategy planning for execution and growth
- 10+ years of telecommunication experience
- Masters or Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Business Administration (related degrees)
- PE highly desired
- Strong engineering skills and technical knowledge of fiber network
- Strong Outside Plant Network knowledge
- Strong understanding of ESRI GIS
- Experience managing budgets and contracts in excess of $10 million
- Experience managing teams of 50 or more
- Strong background and proven network in sales
- Proficient or Expert in MS Office and Excel
- Creative and analytical mind with a willingness to learn
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Travel to teams, clients and sales meetings is a must as the schedule demands.