Directional Drilling Operator - Michigan
The Directional Drilling Operator operates horizontal directional drilling equipment in accordance with blueprints and designated plans, installing 500 – 1, 000 feet of conduit in a typical workday supporting fiber optic projects. Holding a CDL Class A license is highly desired.
- Maintains equipment per manufacturer’ s specifications and safety guidelines.
- Responsible for assisting in potholing, remediation, setting hand holes and pulling fiber.
- Keep accurate records, as built drawings and complete daily paperwork.
- Read blueprints/underground utility plans and interpret work assignments.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-year working with Vermeer or Ditch Witch DDD, or equivalent a plus.
- Knowledge of utility depths and placements; general knowledge of construction practices.
- Able to work in trenches, manholes, tunnels and confined spaces and in work settings with moderate to loud noise levels.
- Able to move in different positions – crouching, kneeling, reaching, bending and lifting 75 lbs., unassisted.
- Willing to work overtime when required; willing to travel and to work in all-weather conditions.
- Self-motivated and able to work well in groups.
- Valid DL is required