Directional Drilling Locator Foreman - Michigan
The Directional Drilling Locator Foreman is responsible for assisting Drill Operator in locating drill head and drilling in accordance with blueprints. The Locator/Foreman is responsbile for crew leadership who are supporting fiber optic projects. Holding a CDL Class A license is highly desired.
- Verify locate marks and confirm location of existing facilities.
- Maintaining equipment per manufacturer’ s specifications and safety guidelines.
- Maintain accurate logs and consistent reporting
- Read and understand blueprints
- Oversight for crew safety and project completion
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of utility depths and placements; general knowledge of construction practices.
- Experience with Subsite or DCI locating equipment required. Experience in underground fiber and coax construction a plus. Experience in standard and high risk areas preferred.
- Able to work in trenches, manholes, tunnels and confined spaces and in work settings with moderate to loud noise levels.
- Able to move in different positions – crouching, kneeling, reaching, bending and lifting 75 lbs., unassisted.
- Willing to work overtime when required; willing to travel and to work in all-weather conditions.
- Valid DL is required