Diesel Mechanic Heavy Equipment
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our client, a Telecommunications provider experiences in outside plant construction, as well as complete engineering for permitting and make ready applications, on their direct hire, full time Fleet Mechanic with a background in aerial, construction equipment, and heavy & light duty trucks. They will be responsible for maintaining company equipment in the Erie, PA area (there will be occassion to travel to Cleveland, OH to support maitenace on the smaller fleet).
- Repair heavy duty equipment such as engines, transmissions, clutches, brakes, air conditioning, electrical trouble shooting, perform DOT inspections, change oil, etc. on light, med., and heavy-duty trucks and equipment.
- Diagnose, maintain and repair of hydraulic systems including aerial platforms, digger derricks, winches, hydraulic control valves, hydraulic cylinders, pumps and motors.
- Some welding and minor body repair.
- Travel to and from crew locations in a safe, timely, and courteous manner.
- Evaluate and complete equipment repairs in a timely manner.
- Complete parts order/ maintain shop and service truck parts inventory.
- Maintain the service and appearance of assigned service truck.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Service Manager or any other manager.
Qualifications / Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years of recent mechanic experience.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Physical effort is required to move objects and service-related tools that may weigh up to 75 pounds. Frequent stooping, bending, squatting and kneeling are required to service and repair equipment.
- Overtime will be required at times. In addition, hourly schedules will vary day-to-day and there can be extensive travel.
- Must be available for emergency call-in as needed.
- Must possess a valid class B Commercial Driver’ s License (CDL).
- Must have your own tools.
- Must be self-sufficient and driven with regular and predictable attendance.
- POWER UTILITY AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS BACKROUND DESIRED. Altec, Terex, ASE certification a plus.