DAS Technician: Level 2/3
5425 Beaumont Center Blvd Tampa, FL 33634
BroadStaff is thrilled to be representing our client, a telecom turn key system integrator, on their 3 month Contract to Hire position based in Tampa, FL or Orlando, FL and will require travel to both and other areas for projects.
We are seeking a talented DAS Technician with extensive experience in coax and fiber-based DAS on in-building distributed antenna system (DAS) installations for large venue, hotels and MDU' s.
- Wire Pulling/Terminating - SM Fiber and 1/2" coax
- Terminate cabling as directed for COAX, fiber DC & AC power, CAT 6 and all other cabling associated with DAS/BTS and small cell projects
- Wire labeling - Based off prints per site
- Wire testing/certifying - Both Fiber and coax
- Install devices/hardware - Passives and Headend EQ, ADRF, Comba, GST, G-Wave etc.
- Read prints and drawings and understand daily tasks assigned to be completed
- Daily cleanup (during shift and at shift end)
- Minimum 2 years in Telecommunication Cabling and Fiber Construction with a focus on DAS project work
- High School or equivalent required
- Excellent communicator: able to understand instructions and communicate effectively
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions