Industry: DAS: Level 3 Tech
Job Number: 1495
BroadStaff is excited to be working with our client who is focused on the engineering and installation of Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) and Small Cell related RF and head-end equipment. As a Wireless Engineering & Consulting company, they provide analysis, design, construction, activation and integration services for the wireless communications industry. They are looking to place DAS Technicians to complete multiple large venue and InBuilding projects. This position had the potential convert to a full time position after proven record of successful performance. This position is based in the Raleigh, NC market.
BroadStaff is seeking an experienced DAS Technicinan with experience in fiber-based DAS to manager in-building distributed antenna system (DAS) installations for large venue, hotels and MDU' s. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of the site build, overseeing the subs building the systems and reporting up to a PM. They will also handle reporting and make sure the project is running on time and in a safe environment.
- Terminate cabling as directed for COAX, fiber DC & AC power, CAT 6 and all other cabling associated with DAS/BTS and small cell projects.
- Follow all safety and project guidelines communicated from CM and each project.
- Read prints and drawings and understand daily tasks assigned to be completed.
- Strong communicate skills directing all questions and information requests to CM
- Technician should have proper ladder safety training for proper use.
- Must represent the client while on jobsite and uphold all installation standards to complete work in highest quality possible that meets customer guidelines and standards.
- Minimum 1 year in Telecommunication Cabling and Fiber Construction with a focus on DAS project work
- Basic knowledge of DC power and AC power.
- Basic knowledge of PIM/Line Sweep desired but not required
- Basic laptop skills in looking at and understanding IbWave, PDF, PowerPoint, Excel work books.
- Basic hand tools for communications installation; proper safety harness for use of scissor and boom lifts when operating.
- Full PPE for construction environment
- Able to be humble on the work, be focused on the project at hand and follow directions from Construction Manager
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Must be available to work weekends if required to complete projects and meet timelines