DAS Senior Performance Engineer
BroadStaff is thrilled to be representing our Neutral Host Client on their long term, 12-18 Contract to Hire position in the Miami market. This position offers excellent compensation, company vehicle and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are seeking a Performance Engineer (RF) Engineer who leads DAS design and/or technical implementation along with other networks projects. The ideal candidate has experience in completion and presentation of design packages, planning and supervising of RF testing, system acceptance testing and managing multiple projects to ensure they are completed on time and within budget.
- Define appropriate network architecture and equipment for each project.
- Lead customer technical meetings to establish technical requirements and scopes of work.
- Define system performance requirements.
- Amend and review designs using iBWave
- Direct or perform system testing utilizing scanners, spectrum analyzers, power meters, optical test equipment and other testing tools.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting for system faults, alarms and performance degradation.
- Analyze and summarize test data to evaluate performance against key performance indicators (KPIs). Optimize networks to meet contracted KPIs.
- Facilitate timely and effective customer communication through regular meetings, reporting, site visits and conference calls.
- Manage multiple projects and provide regular status updates and progress reports to customers and management.
- Prepare and submit testing reports, close-out packages and acceptance documentation. Compile and maintain all project documentation in accordance with policies and procedures.
- May, depending on project, manage contractors/vendors, ensuring work is performed in accordance with company' s standards
- Bachelor' s of Engineering or related field experience.
- 5+ years experience in wireless and DAS Engineering
- Mastery in commissioning of the major DAS OEMs such as Corning, Commscope, TE, SOLiD, ADRF, JMA/TEKO, etc.
- Familiarity of iBwave software. Strong peference for Level 1 certification.
- Expert ability to find and isolate troubles in distributed antenna systems thru logical troubleshooting methods and signal tracing.
- Expert knowledge in RF Testing (ie: PIM, Line Sweep, TEMS, Spectrum Analyzer, etc)
- Strong communication skills with background in speaking directly with clients.