DAS RF Performance Engineer 1528
3500 Regency Parkway Suite 100 Cary, NC 27518
BroadStaff is thrilled to be representing our Neutral Host Client on their long term, 12 Contract to Hire position to the work the SE market. This position offers excellent compensation, company vehicle and a comprehensive benefits package. This position has flexibility to be based in Cary, NC.
We are seeking a Performance Engineer (RF) Engineer who leads DAS design and/or technical implementation along with other networks projects. The ideal candidate has experience in completion and presentation of design packages, planning and supervising of RF testing, system acceptance testing and managing multiple projects to ensure they are completed on time and within budget. Travel to the various locations of the DAS systems (indoor and outdoor) across the United States will be required.
- Test signal quality and levels from wireless carriers using a spectrum analyzer and other tools
- Take empirical measurements from the DAS system
- Adjust parameters to optimize the DAS system
- Work with wireless carriers to ensure proper procedures are followed and Radio Frequency (RF) design requirements for input into DAS are followed
- Walk test completed systems using walk/drive test equipment
- Documentation of all necessary system parameters, test verifications, etc
- Coordinate commissioning according to construction schedules
- Organize and attend meetings with wireless carriers to discuss requirements and timelines
- Provide weekly report of completed and upcoming work to the Director of Operations
- Source internal operations and external contract personnel to assist in DAS Commissioning
- Review and approves all commissioning documents for accuracy
- Interact with landlords and their representatives as needed.
- Interface with the Alarm Response Center and operate remote monitoring software tools.
- Make recommendations on system modifications and repairs based on data and observations.
- Provide regular reports on the data collected to the In-building RF Manager
- Bachelor' s of Engineering or related field experience.
- 5+ years experience in wireless and DAS Engineering
- Mastery in commissioning of the major DAS OEMs such as Corning, Commscope, TE, SOLiD, ADRF, JMA/TEKO, etc.
- Expert ability to find and isolate troubles in distributed antenna systems thru logical troubleshooting methods and signal tracing.
- Expert knowledge in RF Testing (ie: PIM, Line Sweep, TEMS, Spectrum Analyzer, etc)
- Familiarity of iBwave software.
- Strong communication skills with background in speaking directly with clients.