DAS Construction Manager
Ft Lauderdale, Florida 33309
BroadStaff is happy to be working with our client who is a well established Tower and DAS Integrator on their 6 month contract to hire position in the Florida market. This preferred home base for this position is in the South Florida market but the individual will travel for project work throughout the Florida market.
The Construction Manager is a solid balance of technical savvy on large scale DAS projects as well as managing construction, system integration contractors and installations crews. This is a customer-facing position that requires a self-starter with excellent interpersonal, presentation, and sales support skills.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with all facility and clients, keeping all clients informed of activities and meet customer needs.
- Lead on-site meetings and recurring project calls.
- Plan project execution, set schedules and provide reports to clients and venues
- Supervise background signal level testing and CW testing to satisfy the client’ s identified KPI’ s.
- Understand and read iBwave design (Level 1)
- Inspect, troubleshoot and correct installation work for new systems and additions
- Solve construction problems and avoid delays by expediting issues with the appropriate party.
- Supervise all testing including: RF and Fiber system loss, return loss, distance to fault, PIM, and any other tests required by the client
- Review and submit changes or updates to RF designs based on testing and optimization discoveries.
- Provide a daily construction log report identifying work performed as well as weekly summary reports.
- Perform Project Close Out including a walk-thru with all stakeholders to create a punch list.
- B.S. preferred
- 5 years of successful DAS Large Venue/Enterprise experience
- DAS OEM Certification highly desirable
- Hands-on operational experience with installation and operation of carrier base stations, antenna systems, and site support equipment including RF performance, IP networking, and PIM testing
- Familiarity with typical DAS equipment: spectrum analyzer, signal generator, RF power meter, fiber optic source and power meter, and DAS vendor-specific equipment and systems.
- Proven problem-solving abilities, strong communication skills, and customer support experience
- Microsoft Office is required, especially Excel and Project
- Mature, responsible, accountable, strong work ethic, understanding of team concepts and time management
- Ability to work independently