Construction Manager 1006
2 Chase Corporate Dr Ste 105 Birmingham, AL 35244
Broadstaff is thrilled to be representing our client, a leader in the Tower Industry of Telecom who owns, operates and builds telecom infrastructure. The company’ s connections are made possible by a unique network of communications infrastructure— towers, small cells, and fiber working together to set the stage for new innovation. To bring the world' s biggest ideas and possibilities to people and businesses who need them. This is a 12-month Contract to Hire Opportunity in Montgomery, AL.
Responsible for all aspects of construction on Crown Castle projects including; Vendor selection, on-site management, coordination of subcontractors, OEM installers and customer representatives. Represent Crown Castle as the expert on construction issues relating to construction/modification of towers and collocation or DAS and small cell projects, including in-building iDAS, public right-of-way oDAS & Small Cells along with the associated inside & outside plant construction methods. Oversight for DAS and small cell projects will include activities related to above and below-ground fiber installation, hub construction, node construction, and related utility make-ready. Ensure all assigned projects are completed according to the mutually agreed-upon timeline and budget of the customer and Crown Castle. Ensure all work is conducted in accordance with Crown Castle’ s policies and procedures in support of Crown Castle’ s objectives.
• Directly advise and influence decisions of District and/or Program and Project Managers in all aspects of construction work.
• Actively participate in and make recommendations in the Vendor selection process.
• Attend deployment and other customer meetings as subject matter expert for Crown.
• Develop customer relationships that may result in influencing customers to award service work to Crown.
• Make regular trips to sites during construction including bid walk, precon walk, in progress site visits, punch walks, and construction closeout. Provide direction to general contractors when doing the groundwork.
• Understand prevailing rates for all construction work and ensure Crown Castle is receiving competitive rates for quality work.
• Responsible to negotiate costs within the scope of the project, hold Vendor accountable to ensure the budget is maintained; ensure District and/or Program and Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
• Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
• Ensure all work is completed in accordance with Crown Castle’ s construction standards, processes, and procedures.
• Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner and are in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
• Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
• Act as Crown Castle safety observer and Quality Assurance representative while at the site ensuring compliance with Crown Castle safety program and related workmanship practices.
• High School degree
• A valid driver’ s license required
• Minimum three (3) years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience
• Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) for SCS.
• Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing for SCS.
• Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards.
• Knowledge of budget development and execution
• Knowledge of construction management process
• Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including the regulatory and permitting process
• Ability to read and understand blueprints
• Ability to direct and diagnose workflow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
• Customer service orientation with a strong problem-solving approach - strong interpersonal skills
• Strong computer skills - MS office and project management software knowledge
Working Conditions: Will be required to travel to project sites with exposure to heavy equipment and environmental conditions 90% of the time. Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions 10% of the time.