Construction Manager (Small Cell )
9435-A Washington Blvd N. Laurel, MD 20723
BroadStaff is thrilled to working with our client, a full service company offering a deep array of services for DataCom, Electrical Contracting, Lighting and Electrical Maintenance, Utility Construction, and Emergency/Disaster Recovery on their Operations Program Manager based in the greater BAWA market with a 70/30 field to office ratio. The office is located in Laurel, MD.
We are seeking a hard working, talented Small Cell Construction Manager with a desire to oversee field operations for OSP Telecom projects. The ideal candidate will have technical experience in Outside Plant/Fiber/Node Installation to handle turn-key Small Cell construction and extensive experience in the management of construction sites, including subcontractor, installers and crews as well as interaction with customer stakeholders.
- Management of construction including: site visits, punch walks, OEM product distribution (warehouse to the site) and construction closeout.
- Oversee and when necessary perform hands on testing (PIM, Line Sweep, OTDR, etc).
- Provide direction to general contractors, sub contractors and crews.
- Proactively communicate to stakeholders issues that will impact project completion or cost.
- Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
- Ensure that all jobs have complete and accurate project tracking including: close out documentation, work standards reporting, all files and necessary documentation.
- Daily utilization of Advanced Excel skills for project tracking, supply ordering, etc.
- High School Diploma required/Bachelor’ s Degree preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience.
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques: Civil (Aerial and Underground Fiber and Cable), Trenching and Industrial Boring, Backhaul Fiber to the Donor
- Knowledge of Small Cell Construction including node attachment to monopoles and utility poles
- Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing for SCN
- Demonstrated experience working in cross-functional teams and across widely varying stakeholders in an organization
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken), as position requires communication with senior executives on a regular basis; results oriented, problem solving individual
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- 70% field/30% office