Civil Technician Utah
Salt Lake City, UT
BroadStaff is excited to be working with our client, a large scale, multidisciplinary provider of installation, construction and engineering services. This is a 6 - 9 month contract with the possibility of extension or conversion. The position is based out of Salt Lake City, UT with extensive project work within the Upper NW markets.
We are seeking a Civil Technician with preferred experience in Civil, Electrical or Telecommunications project support. This position supports the daily civil construction for a range of wireless locations involving construction services including generator installations, cabinet installations, concrete pads, foundations, framing, fencing, minor electrical work, etc.
- Perform all trenching, conduit installation, concrete work, wire installation.
- Safely uses all hand and power tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned tasks, including but not limited to OTDR, Fluke meters, cable cutters, drills, saws, hammer drills, knock-out punches, and all tools and equipment utilized by the technicians.
- Assist with the Electrical Installation if ATS/MTS switches.
- Clearly understands, complies with and enforces Company and job safety requirements to include, but not limited to: OSHA, Federal and State laws and/or regulations.
- Contact NOC and Tower/Landowners before entering/leaving any site. Must fill out all log entries.
- Assist in verifying that all materials for the project are taken to the job site.
- Assists other trades, contractors, team members in the construction of projects.
- Takes feedback and direction from Foreman while reporting on all phases of construction progress
- Accurately reports time and proper coding of time sheets.
- Tower/Civil construction experience a huge plus
- Experience working on DC/AC and/or MTS/ATS installations
- Experience finishing Concrete, pouring, setting, rebar, mesh, and/or perform cast installations.
- Ability to read blueprint details and specifications a plus
- CDL/Operators License a plus but not required; Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be trained in or obtain First Aid and CPR Certification, OSHA 10 Hour
- Travel up to 100%, able to lift 50lbs and work in any weather conditions.
- Willing to work occasional weekends and overtime.