Civil Technician KS
500 SW Gary Ormsby Topeka, KS 66624
BroadStaff is excited to be working with our client, a large scale, multidisciplinary provider of installation, construction and engineering services. This is a 6 - 9 month contract with the possibility of extension or conversion. The position is based out of Topeka, KS with extensive project work within the KS and MO markets.
We are seeking a Civil Technician with preferred experience in Civil, Electrical or Telecommunications project support. This position supports the daily civil construction for a range of wireless locations involving construction services including generator installations, cabinet installations, concrete pads, foundations, framing, fencing, minor electrical work, etc.
- Perform all trenching, conduit installation, concrete work, wire installation.
- Safely uses all hand and power tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned tasks, including but not limited to OTDR, Fluke meters, cable cutters, drills, saws, hammer drills, knock-out punches, and all tools and equipment utilized by the technicians.
- Assist with the Electrical Installation if ATS/MTS switches.
- Clearly understands, complies with and enforces Company and job safety requirements to include, but not limited to: OSHA, Federal and State laws and/or regulations.
- Contact NOC and Tower/Landowners before entering/leaving any site. Must fill out all log entries.
- Assist in verifying that all materials for the project are taken to the job site.
- Assists other trades, contractors, team members in the construction of projects.
- Takes feedback and direction from Foreman while reporting on all phases of construction progress
- Accurately reports time and proper coding of time sheets.
- Tower/Civil construction experience a huge plus
- Experience working on DC/AC and/or MTS/ATS installations
- Experience finishing Concrete, pouring, setting, rebar, mesh, and/or perform cast installations.
- Ability to read blueprint details and specifications a plus
- CDL/Operators License a plus but not required; Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be trained in or obtain First Aid and CPR Certification, OSHA 10 Hour
- Travel up to 100%, able to lift 50lbs and work in any weather conditions.
- Willing to work occasional weekends and overtime.