6240 Old Dobbin Lane, Suite 100 Columbia, MD 21045
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our client, a privately-owned, multi-discipline, architectural and engineering firm handling both private and public sector Telecom and other infrastructure work. They are seeking to bring to the team a talented Civil Engineer on their full time direct hire basis in their Columbia, MD office.
What’ s In It For Me?
- Market Valued Compensation
- 25% annual bonus eligibility based on company profit margins
- Annual Merit Increase
- Benefits including:
- Health, Dental and Vision
- 100% Company funded Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time off and Paid Holidays
- Multiple Employee Assistance programs
- Company matching 401K Savings and Retirement Plan
- Small office environment that thrives on Collaboration, teamwork and family culture.
- Well defined career development program
- Tuition reimbursement
Why Is This Job For Me?
The Telecommuniations Civil Engineer position requires a Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering with 3+ years expereince in site walks, AutoCad draft experience as well as project budgets and oversight. Projects will be on behalf of Verizon so experience in Verzon Site builds is highly desired
- Perform all aspects of site design associated with engineering telecommunications projects.
- Work with team to prepare engineering reports and details on existing and proposed facilities including towers, water tanks, rooftops, billboards and other supporting structures using applicable building and design codes.
- Work within a team oriented environment to successfully complete projects within established budgets and deadlines.
- Conduct site visits to gather existing conditions data.
- Coordinate with in-house professionals and sub consultants to complete all aspects of site design.
- Track the progress of multiple ongoing projects.
- Occasionally the employee will need to visit sites that include rooftop access while lifting and/or moving equipment up to 25 pounds.
- 3-5 years of experience with civil or structural design.
- Bachelor' s degree in Civil Engineering required.
- Specific experience with Telecommunications projects or clients is a plus.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel to sites throughout the Northeast region.
- Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle