Civil Construction Supervisor / Missouri
St. Louis, MO
BroadStaff is excited to be working with our client, a large scale, multidisciplinary provider of installation, construction and engineering services. This is a 6 month + longer term contract position that will require travel throughout Missouri working on Cell Tower Generator installations and turn up. It is highly desired that the person be based in St. Louis, Missouri but open to the entire territory because it is remote due to extensive travel the road extensively.
We are seeking a Civil Construction Supervisor who has experience with Civil and Electrical builds of Commercial Power Generators to support Cell Tower Power Outages. The candidates will be responsible for multiple site installations of back up generators with oversight of sub-contractors, punch lists and inspector meetings to ensure work has been completed on time and with quality; you are the eyes are ears of the Construction Manager.
- Serve as the on-site supervisor of all construction activities for assigned sites
- Ensure sub-contractor complies with all scope, schedule, safety, and quality policies and/or requirements
- Be a subject matter expert on all facets of the site construction requirements for all assigned sites
- Understand internal and external expectations related to scope, schedule, cost, & quality
- Drive all sub-contractors to meet these objectives
- Maintain an accurate status of all construction activities at all times and be able to communicate the status through reports, e-mails, meetings, conference calls, etc…
- Ensure each site construction scope is clearly defined and understood by all internal and external construction personnel to avoid scope creep and minimize changes
- Achieve measurable results and report against performance metrics related to various construction activities
- Metrics typically include: schedule adherence, budget adherence, and quality
- This position will typically supervise 50-100 sites annually, depending on the project
- Assist the Construction Manager in identifying experienced / quality sub-contractors
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- At least 2-3 year electrical experience with Generators
- Site Specific Construction Scoping and Scheduling
- Strong Understanding of Wireless Construction Processes, Industry Standards, & Testing Requirements
- Strong Leadership Skills to Actively Coordinate Sub-Contractor Activities / Performance
- Experience Leading Tower Crews and/or Civil/Electrical Crews
- Creative Problem Solving Skills
- Extensive Experience with Network Upgrades and/or Overlays: CDMA, GSM, UMTS, LTE, WiMax, Generator Installations