Civil CAD Drafter and Designer
3000 East Ceasar Chavez St Suite 300 Austin, TX
BroadStaff is happy to represent our client, a multidisciplinary design, planning, and engineering firm, on their Civil CAD Designer position. This is a Full time, direct hire position in Austin, TX.
We are seeking a skilled Civil 3D CAD Drafter to collaboratively work on a civil team suporting grading, water, sewer, storm water projects as well as some projects inlcude site design for commercial and retail locations.
- Responsible for converting concept site designs into working documents using AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Performs non-routine and complex assignments from verbal instructions and under minimal supervision.
- Works closely with Project Managers and Civil Engineers on a daily basis.
- Reviews CAD drawings to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
- Demonstrates ability to update and improve existing CAD standards.
- Reports to CAD Manager or Division Director.
- 3-5 years of experience in site civil engineering drafting/design
- Associates of Applied Technology or similar degree preferred, or equivalent technical experience
- Extensive experience in Civil 3D and AutoCad
- Strong inclination toward mathematics.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- May be subject to CAD test as part of selection.