6240 Old Dobbin Lane Ste 150 Columbia, MD 21045
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our client, a privately-owned, multi-discipline, architectural and engineering firm handling both private and public sector Telecom and other infrastructure work. They are seeking to bring to the team a talented CAD Operator on full time direct hire basis in their Columbia, MD office.
What’ s In It For Me?
- Market Valued Compensation
- 25% annual bonus eligibility based on company profit margins
- Annual Merit Increase
- Benefits including:
- Health, Dental and Vision
- 100% Company funded Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time off and Paid Holidays
- Multiple Employee Assistance programs
- Company matching 401K Savings and Retirement Plan
- Small office environment that thrives on Collaboration, teamwork and family culture.
- Well defined career development program
- Tuition reimbursement
Why Is This Job For Me?
The CAD Designer position requires the ability to complete accurate work plans, drawings from rough or detailed sketches and/or notes from Architects/Engineers for all CAD work, individually performed. This position requires significant independent judgment to choose proper modes of action utilizing a high level of skills in CAD.
- Work closely with engineers to perform telecommunication facility design work. Transform designs into CADD produced drawings using appropriate software.
- Set up and draft plans by analyzing sketches, field notes and other input material to determine the best approach for the completion of drawings.
- Draft concept layout plans while working with engineering staff.
- Draft grading, utility, stormwater and soil erosion/sediment control based on provided designs.
- Conform to the company’ s standard CADD procedures for layering, etc., and standard drawing procedures for sheet layout.
- Work with numerous project teams to help in project completion.
- Coordinate details and dimensions between drawing sheets.
- Complete assignments of increased difficulty as proficiency is increased.
- Associates degree or technical certification in a relevant field such as architectural, engineering, surveying or construction management, or experience considered sufficient to address the demands of the position.
- 1-3 years experience with proficient knowledge of AutoCAD
- Design & Drafting Production of Telecom plan sets; zoning, construction and structure