Aerial Fiber Lineman
San Antonio, TX
BroadStaff is excited to be working with our client, a telecom construction company handling Tower, Civil, Electrical, DAS and Small Cell Projects throughout the East coast. This is a 6-12 month Contract To Hire position with 100% travel through the TX, NM, OK, AZ, CO and other locations.
BroadStaff is seeking an Aerial Lineman who will be required to operate hand and power tools of all types, including air hammers, earth tampers, chainsaws, trenching equipment and a variety of other equipment and tools. Activities such as cleaning and preparing work sites, clean-up of debris or waste materials and loading/unloading of materials will be primary functions.
- Performs all work from the ground and may assist in aerial devices and ladders
- Clears work area and maintains safe job site conditions.
- Excavates to assist in the installation of structures or fiber as required.
- Assembles material on the ground to be installed by the line person or apprentice.
- Works around hazardous equipment.
- Works near energized parts or equipment.
- All other duties as required or requested by Supervisors and/or Foremen.
- Willingness to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate professionally with co-workers, homeowners, and customers.
- Willing to work outside in varying weather conditions.
- Flexible hours, including overtime required.
- Location of job sites will dictate out of town travel.
- Must be willing to learn and grow with organization.
- Ability to learn how to climb numerous telephone poles daily, approx. 20’ in height.
- Ability to lift and/or pull 100 pounds several times each day.
- Ability to endure long periods of standing, sitting, or walking.
- Bending, twisting, squatting, reaching above the head several times per day.
- Continuous use of both hands to operate hand tools and perform other duties.
- Ability to work full-time, in an outdoor environment and in all weather conditions
- Driver’ s license is required, with clean driving record; Valid CDL-A is preferred but not required.
- Ability to pass a DOT Physical.
- Wear necessary PPE as required by company policy.
- Able to follow directions, work safely & productively.
- Endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight (8) or ten (10) hour day according to the schedule.
- Be able to stand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Able to traverse various terrains; Maintain attention during dangerous tasks.
- Communicate well with others.
- Lift, move and maneuver up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis, and up to 10 pounds on a continuous basis.