Aerial Fiber Foreman
San Antonio, TX
BroadStaff is excited to be working with our client, a telecom construction company handling Tower, Civil, Electrical, DAS and Small Cell Projects throughout the East coast. This is a 6-12 month Contract To Hire position with 100% travel through the TX, NM, OK, AZ, CO and other locations.
BroadStaff is seeking an Aerial Lineman Foreman who is primarily in charge of crews within the Division and has the direct responsibility for people, safety, project management, and onsite client relations. Foremen typically have 3 – 4 crew members reporting directly to them.
- Planning and initiating Projects within the respective Divisional Unit.
- Establishing and enforcing OSHA and Customer Safety Requirements for crew.
- Implementing and enforcing State D.O.T Traffic Control Work zone plans.
- Applicant must have effective management and leadership skills with a willingness to share skills/knowledge with crew to develop individual members.
- Managing project plans and coordinate crew to meet deadlines.
- Keep detailed record of work activity.
- Read and interpret engineering plans and specifications.
- Understanding of separation and clearance regulations.
- Applicant must be willing to work flexible hours, including overtime.
- Applicant must be willing to travel out of town.
- Ability to perform essential functions.
- Ability and willingness to follow direction from Supervision.
- Willingness to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate professionally with co-workers, homeowners, and customers.
- Ability to climb numerous telephone poles daily, approx. 20’ in height
- Ability to lift and/or pull 100 pounds several times each day
- Ability to endure long periods of standing, sitting, or walking
- Bending, twisting, squatting, reaching above the head several times per day
- Continuous use of both hands to operate hand tools and perform other duties
- Ability to work full-time, in an outdoor environment and in all weather conditions
- Must have 5+ years’ experience in the utility/construction industry as a Line-crew Foreman.
- Experience with commercial deliveries and transport.
- Driver’ s license is required, with clean driving record
- Valid CDL-A is strongly desired.
- Ability to pass a DOT physical
- Aptitude for training and skills transfer