Raleigh, North Carolina
BroadStaff is excited to be working with our client, a leading Project Management/Engineering Services firm specializing in dynamic service solutions for the Telecommunications, Oil and Gas, Renewable Energy and Utilities industries, on their current search for an A&E Designer located just outside Raleigh NC.
The A&E Designer is responsible for the timely and accurate completion of detailed technical drawings for projects of moderate to extreme difficulty at an above average completion rate. The ideal candidate will come from a background of OSP/Fiber/Utility with current knowledge of the telecommunications industry with the ability to also review the accuracy of design and to ensure all project specific considerations have been accounted for in the drawings and managing the A&E portion of smaller projects or assisting more senior employees with A&E CAD management of larger projects.
- Responsible for converting architectural, engineering and/or plan sketches into working shop or construction drawings using AutoCAD per customer specifications
- Draw proposed product changes in order to ensure that product updates and modifications are represented to all concerned personnel accurately and consistently
- Responsible for revising construction drawings per customer redlines
- Will complete review and interpretation of raw notes and photos from others and be responsible for working with Site Audit and PM team regarding the gathering and development of site information for construction drawings.
- Assists the A&E Team Lead in the development of other Team Members who may have lesser experience, as instructed
- Develop a familiarity with individual client requirements in order to tailor drawings as needed.
- Develop new templates, tool palettes, macros, LISPs, and other ACAD time saving devices.
- Performs detailed checking of completed work performed under his or her direct supervision
- Associate' s Degree and 6 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated skills and experience to successfully assume the duties and responsibilities of the position
- Knowledge of MS Office, web-based work flow tracking, AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of TIA, AISC, ACI, and state/local building codes is a plus.
- Ability to review both technical and non-technical aspects of field work.
- Ability to write professional reports and business correspondences, both externally and through all internal methods of company communication.